Donley’s is serving as construction manager on a new 89,000 sq. ft. building on Tri-C’s Westshore campus. The 2-3 story building will host a mix of medium and standard size classrooms, and will also include Information Technology and Engineering teaching labs, administration and faculty offices, food service for the entire classroom, a new loading dock, and dining/event space. Donley’s will also be overseeing small renovations to the existing Health Careers and Services Building on their Westshore campus. We are scheduled to complete this project in the Summer of 2019.
This project consisted of the construction of a three-story shell with a structural steel frame. The exterior façade of the building is made up of precast concrete, granite, and glass curtainwall. The main focal point of the structure is the new three-story atrium, featuring glass-enclosed elevators, granite floors, and views of the landscaping outside. Included in this project was a 10,000 sq. ft. buildout for an Imaging Center that houses an MRI and a CAT Scan
New construction included an outpatient entrance featuring a dramatic two-story lobby, cantilevered vehicular canopy, and exaggerated elevator tower, creating a highly visible entrance to the hospital. A separate two-story addition provides space for a 15-position PACU and Endoscopy Suite, as well as a Same Day Prep/Recovery Suite with 29 private patient positions. The first floor of the PACU addition is adjacent to the existing Emergency Department and provides 13 beds to support both Observation/CDU and Inpatient Pediatrics.
Elements of the project include:
- 36,000 sq. ft. of new construction
- 76,000 sq. ft. of renovations
- 17,000 sq. ft. of cosmetic renovations
- 146,000 sq. ft. of site work
- Renovations to the surgery platform to create 8 “fully functional” operating rooms
- Renovation of the Inpatient Unit for a 21-bed Progressive Care Unit
- Renovation of Radiology to incorporate Nuclear Medicine and establish a patient prep/recovery area
- Renovations to support services including Central Sterile, Laboratory, and Respiratory Therapy in support of clinical care
- Renovation of the visitor lobby, gift shop, chapel, and pastoral services
- Cosmetic upgrades to public corridors
This project is LEED registered.
Set on a 30-acre wooded site, the single-story Craftsman-inspired structure is designed to reflect the architectural aesthetic of the suburban neighborhood. Reminiscent of a rambling family home with gabled roofs, a mixture of brick and wood siding, and half-timber details, the care center offers families comfortable and private respite from 24/7 caregiving.
The interior’s main focal point is a parlor entry that transitions to a study and then a grand atrium. In addition to the 32 private patient suites, the facility features:
- two family kitchens
- a dining room
- living room
- interior courtyards
- a screened porch
- four family alcoves with attached porches
- exercise room
- two spa rooms
- teen room
- children’s play room
- family conference room
- meditation room
- music therapy and art therapy studios
This facility is LEED Gold certified.