Accident and Incident Reporting
DONLEY’S POLICY IS:
REPORT ANY INJURY, FIRST AID, AND INCIDENT OR NEAR MISS TO YOUR SUPERVISOR OR THE SAFETY DEPARTMENT IMMEDIATELY.
WHAT DO I REPORT?
- Injury: an incident to the body that requires more then just first aid
- First aid: an incident to the body that does not require seeking medical treatment off site
- Incident: anything that results in mechanical or equipment theft or property damage
- Near Miss: Anything that happens that did not have one of the outcomes listed above.
WHO DO I REPORT IT TO?
- Your Supervisor
- The Safety Department
WHEN DO I REPORT?
- As soon as possible.
- Contact safety department prior to going for any medical attention (refer to hard hat sticker) other then life threatening emergencies.
- If your injury is a first aid or non-life threatening situation DO NOT go to the Emergency Room or Urgent Care, wait for direction from the Safety Department, or go to the nearest NON-EMERGENCY or Occupational Medical Center (referenced in the Project Safety Plan)
AFTER YOU RECEIVE TREATMENT
- Be sure to give a copy of all paperwork you receive from the medical facility to the Safety Department.
- If you are given restrictions from the physician you must be in constant communication with the Safety department so we can meet those restrictions and get you back to work as soon as possible, we will work with you through the entire process. (This is called a Return to Work program.)
- You are responsible to meet your follow-up appointments
FAILURE TO REPORT AN INCIDENT
- If you fail to report an injury/first aid/accident promptly, it will result in disciplinary action; which includes but not limited to 1-5 days off without pay.
HARD HAT STICKER & MEDICAL INFORMATION CARD
- Sticker and Medical Info card should be placed on the inside of your hard hat for quick reference.
- The purpose of the sticker is to provide you with the Safety Department cell phone numbers to report an incident.
- The Medical card is up to you whether you want to put the information on the card. This medical card is designed to help provide emergency medical teams with information about yourself if you should be unable to communicate due to an injury.
REPORT ALL INCIDENTS/ACCIDNENTS/FIRST AID AND NEAR MISSES IMMEDIATELY.