Amazing Concrete Placement at Health Education Campus
Donley’s Concrete recently placed enough concrete to cover 6.5 football fields with a thickness of 4” at the Health Education Campus (HEC). The new 485,000 sq. ft. HEC is a collaboration between the Cleveland Clinic and Case Western Reserve University to create a campus that will reimagine the preparation of healthcare leaders for the 21st century. This volume of concrete could pour a 5’0” wide sidewalk that is 61,236 ft. long, or 11.60 miles. Here are some other facts about the recent concrete placement.
• Area/Size – 30” thick, 34,868 sq. ft.
• Cubic Yards of Concrete – 3,713 cubic yds.
• 370 (10) yard concrete trucks of concrete
• 42 ready-mix truck drivers servicing from 3 separate batch plants
• Roughly 9 hours of placement at +/- 420 cubic yards per hour utilizing 3 concrete pumps
• 350 tons of reinforcing steel
Donley’s is also providing Construction Management services on the HEC project. We are delighted to be working with Cleveland Clinic, Case Western Reserve University, and our joint venture partner, Turner Construction Company, on this transformative campus.