Safe-D: One Type Does NOT Fit All
When it comes to Personal Protective Equipment, one type does NOT fit all tasks.
EYE AND FACE PROTECTION: ANSI Z87.1 REQUIREMENT
- Eye protection must be worn at all times while on the project site.
- Face shield must be worn any time there are flying particles that could strike the face
- Eye protection must be worn under the face-shields.
- Employees involved in welding or cutting operations MUST wear eye protection and at least the proper
- shade number as indicated in the table below.
- Head protective equipment (HARD HATS) shall be worn at all times while on the project.
- Helmets for protection against impact and penetration of falling and flying objects shall meet the requirements of ANSI Z89.1-1969.
CLASS 1 GARMENTS (MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL DONLEY’S PROJECTS)
- Intended for use in activities that permit the wearer’s full and undivided attention to approaching traffic.
- There should be ample separation of the worker from traffic, which should be traveling no faster than 25 mph.
- Vests, shirts, coats shall have the required reflective stripes.
CLASS 2 GARMENTS
- Recommended for workers who perform tasks that divert their attention from approaching traffic, or that put them in close proximity to passing vehicles traveling at 25 mph to 50 mph.
CLASS 3 GARMENTS
- Recommended for roadway construction personnel and flaggers, utility workers, survey crews and emergency response personnel or anyone working in a close proximity to a passing vehicle traveling at 50 mph or higher.