The Lumen at Playhouse Square
Destined to become an icon of the Cleveland skyline, The Lumen will add to the distinct identity of the Playhouse Square District in 2020. Donley’s Concrete Group started its work for Gilbane Building Company on The Lumen project in the Fall of 2018. Situated on a one-acre site at the corner of Euclid Avenue and East 17th Street – replacing the parking lot across from the Connor Palace – the 34-story tower will host 318 apartments, 550 parking spaces and 22,000 square feet for resident amenities.
Our scope of the project included:
- 36 story structural concrete post-tensioned decks
- 5 story garage under and next to the main tower
- 10,000 to 11,000 square foot “typical” decks
- structural mat foundation 5′ to 8′ thick
- 32,000 cubic yards of concrete
- 2,600 tons of rebar
- 270 tons of post tension cables
Below is a time lapse from the first pour. Click Here to view more time lapses of this project.