The $123 Million George Mason University Robinson Hall project, a five-year project, which we will serve as construction manager, includes the rebuilding of the North Plaza and much-needed underground utility work. It is scheduled to begin summer 2018 with the vacating and demolition of Robinson Hall. The construction time for this project is about 4 years.
This project will consist of:
- The demolition of Robinson Hall A & B totaling in 185,930 GSF.
- The construction of 6 floor, 218,000 GSF academic and research facility.
- Larger, modern classrooms with whiteboards and video screens, collaboration and meeting spaces, informal learning areas outside classrooms, and conference rooms.
- A renovation (2,000 SF) and addition (1,500 SF) to the Harris Theater.
- Utility work
- Replacement of 16,255 Linear Feet of chilled water supply and return piping.
- 100 Linear Feet of new tunnel and 200 Linear Feet of hot water supply and return piping.
- Improvements to 1,400 Linear Feet of high-temperature hot water piping.