St. John Medical Center
New construction included an outpatient entrance featuring a dramatic two-story lobby, cantilevered vehicular canopy, and exaggerated elevator tower, creating a highly visible entrance to the hospital. A separate two-story addition provides space for a 15-position PACU and Endoscopy Suite, as well as a Same Day Prep/Recovery Suite with 29 private patient positions. The first floor of the PACU addition is adjacent to the existing Emergency Department and provides 13 beds to support both Observation/CDU and Inpatient Pediatrics.
Elements of the project include:
- 36,000 sq. ft. of new construction
- 76,000 sq. ft. of renovations
- 17,000 sq. ft. of cosmetic renovations
- 146,000 sq. ft. of site work
- Renovations to the surgery platform to create 8 “fully functional” operating rooms
- Renovation of the Inpatient Unit for a 21-bed Progressive Care Unit
- Renovation of Radiology to incorporate Nuclear Medicine and establish a patient prep/recovery area
- Renovations to support services including Central Sterile, Laboratory, and Respiratory Therapy in support of clinical care
- Renovation of the visitor lobby, gift shop, chapel, and pastoral services
- Cosmetic upgrades to public corridors
This project is LEED registered.