Global Center for Health Innovation & Convention Center
Cuyahoga County and MMPI, Inc.
This project is the first of its kind to integrate the convenience of a modern convention center in a downtown urban setting with a state-of-the-art facility designed to showcase new technical medical equipment that can be purchased by medical convention attendees.
The 375,000 sq. ft. Global Center for Health Innovations houses 120,000 sq. ft. of medical showrooms, an 11,000 sq. ft. junior ballroom, and meeting rooms. The newly configured 270,000 sq. ft. convention center was constructed on the former convention center site and features 225,000 sq. ft. of Class A exhibit space housed under the existing mall, as well as 35 meeting rooms, an expansive truck loading dock, and a 32,000 sq. ft. grand ballroom.
Total turnkey concrete construction encompassed:
- 42,500 cubic yards of concrete
- 2,500 tons of reinforcing steel
- 44,500 tons of aggregate fill
Donley's scope of work included:
- 2 new mat foundations totaling 65,000 sq. ft. supporting the new medical mart facility
- 1,300+ linear feet of 35 ft. tall x 3 ft. thick perimeter foundation walls and interior shear walls
- 83,000 sq. ft. of elevated decks including traditional beam and slab decks
- a pan joist structural deck with 15 ft. wide post-tensioned beams
This project is LEED registered.