PRE INSPECTION USE (DONE BEFORE EVERY USE):
- Damaged or cracked housing, power source, or bits/accessories
- Dull blades are often more dangerous than sharp blades
- Missing guards or protective devices
- Leaking gasoline, oil or other fluids
- Tool appears to be in poor condition
- Does the tool have a 3 wire cord, if not is it double insulated?
- Ensure area is free of any potential trip hazards
- Do not underestimate the importance of a clean work area
Plug Not Rated For Outdoor Use.
Not Water Tight.
In construction portable power tools with defective wiring cause many injuries.
The following safe practices will help to make sure you stay safe:
- Ensure you are wearing the correct PPE
- You should always wear eye protection
- Use the proper tool for the job
- Use tools with three wire plug and make sure connections are tight.
- Disconnect tool before making adjustments or repairs.
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions
- If unsure about use, ask a supervisor or coworker
- Insure tools are not pointed at or operated in close proximity to other individuals
- Use spark resistant tools when working near a fuel source
- Do not use excessive force to cut/drill through hard materials
- Never place your hand behind the material you are working on when the tool could push through.
- Gasoline/Mixed Fuel Powered Tools must be off and cool when re-fueled, use only in well ventilated areas.
REMINDER - INSPECT YOUR TOOLS BEFORE USING THEM!