During the Holiday Season, you’d probably be disappointed if the only gift you received was a box full of safety tips. Come on, admit it. What you really wanted were those miracle golf clubs that can drive a ball a mile down the fairway or a bass boat.
But let’s think for a moment. A box full of safety tips could mean a lot:
- You don’t lose your vision when that steel shard hits because you’re wearing safety glasses.
- You have just a slight headache when that 2x4 from the third floor glances off your hard hat.
- When you drop a jackhammer, those steel-toed boots protect your feet.
- When you operate a hoe-ram all week (BAM! BAM! BAM! BAM!), those ear plugs maintain your hearing.
- When you stand behind the excavator and the operator suddenly puts it in reverse, you heed the back-up alarm and step out of harm’s way.
- When you excavate a 10-ft. trench over a major gas line, the one-call center marks the line’s precise location, allowing you to work safely.
All year long you've heard messages that remind you to "work safely…don't take short‐cuts… prevent accidents…." To do this, of course, you have to keep your mind on your work. But this time of the year, your mind may be everywhere else but on your work. You may be thinking….
• How will I pay for Christmas??? It costs a fortune!
• Traffic is so bad I'm a wreck every time I get where I'm going.
• My relatives and their kids are going to be here for a whole week!
• If I hear Alvin & The Chipmunks one more time, I'll smash the radio!
So, from the Donley's family to yours... Happy Holidays!
And remember, one of the best gifts you can give your loved ones, is YOU returning home safe!