Studio Techne Architects
Part of the college’s master plan for student housing, this project was completed in two phases. Phase 1 consisted of the 84-bed infill building (North Hall) and additional parking, while Phase 2 consisted of the free-standing 208-bed South Hall.
North Hall connected two existing residence halls that remained occupied throughout construction. The new 15,000 sq. ft. facility’s 35 rooms are arranged in a suite configuration and situated on four floors. The floors align with those of the existing buildings, allowing for the connection of the existing floors to North Hall and providing access to a new elevator and stair tower. The exterior walls are comprised of brick masonry veneer and limestone lintels, with details similar in character to the existing buildings.
The four-story South Hall is an L-shaped structure that completes a residence quad, similar to the one envisioned in the 1926 design created by the college’s original campus architect. The new 52,000 sq. ft. building consists of 104 rooms that are set up as two-bedroom apartments featuring a kitchenette, a furnished living room, and a bathroom. Amenities include a fitness center, a community lounge, laundry rooms on every floor, and a game room.